- Blazer: Black with Academy logo – Must be worn at all times, unless instructed to remove
- Trousers: Black smart trousers only (no jeans, trousers with emblems or embroidery, leggings or tight-fitting trousers)
- Skirt: Plain black pleated skirt – Must be unrolled and touch the back of the knee when standing – no stretch fabric Full length black skirt for Muslim girls (no jeans to be worn underneath – black trousers only)
- Shirt: White shirt/blouse with collar – Must be tucked in
- Jumper/ cardigan: Optional – Black with Academy logo
- Tie: College tie, worn appropriately (full standard length)
- Shoes: Black, leather, sensible and serviceable shoes (Kicker shoes are acceptable) – no logos. Boots must NOT be worn
- Plain black coat: Plain black coats only. Denim jackets, hoodies, tracksuit tops and coloured coats are not permitted in the Academy
- Socks: Plain black (boys), plain black ankle or knee length (girls)
- Tights: Plain black (girls)
The uniform for The Leigh Academy Bexley has been designed by students and staff with style, durability, comfort, availability and of course affordability in mind. It was designed to inspire students and instil a sense of pride. We expect them to dress and behave in a way that reflects the standards we seek to achieve.
Please make sure that all items of the uniform are clearly marked with the student’s name. Jewellery is not permitted to be worn, other than a wristwatch and one small stud in the lower ear lobes. Other piercings, acrylic or painted nails, false eyelashes, smart watches are not permitted to be worn at the Academy.
The Academy will not take responsibility for lost items of jewellery or clothing.
- The Leigh Academy Bexley PE polo shirt
- Plain black shorts (small logo only)
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms (small logo only)
- Plain black leggings or sports tights and a long-sleeved top will be permitted underneath PE kit during cold periods.
- No hooded sports tops are permitted
All to be purchased only from our outfitters –
Caseys Schoolwear in Blackfen.
246 Blacken Road,
Tel: 0208 850 8645.Caseys Schoolwear